Im Downloadbereich finden Sie kostenlose Updates zu Ihrem FRITZ!-Produkt. Wählen Sie Ihr Produkt aus und profitieren Sie nach dem Download von neuen Funktionen und Produkterweiterungen aus der AVM-Entwicklung.
Info zu FRITZ!Box 7490
The update file "FRITZ.Box_7490.xx.xx.image" on ftp.avm.de contains the latest FRITZ!OS (Firmware) for the FRITZ!Box 7490.
Attention: This update file is only intended for use with FRITZ!Box 7490! Please follow the instructions at the end of this file to install the update.
Product: FRITZ!Box 7490 Version: FRITZ!OS 7.12 Language: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish Release date: 18.06.2019
- Over 50 new features and improvements: more performance and convenience in the wireless network, Mesh and Smart Home
- Seamlessly connected in the Mesh: Mesh WiFi steering, shared telephone book and Smart Home
- Well informed: Important information arrives simply and directly at the email address of your MyFRITZ! account
- New in the internet: more information on DSL, faster LTE and expanded VPN functions
- Added value for FRITZ!Fon: easy sharing of access to the wireless guest access, direct blocking of telephone numbers, and much more
- Practical to operate: quick overview of updates for FRITZ! products, LEDs can be switched off
- Stronger support for new products: FRITZ!Repeater 3000 and FRITZ!DECT 400 Smart Home switch
Note: Instructions for configuring and using Mesh functions are presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
Below you find a complete list and descriptions of the new functions in the latest FRITZ!OS, along with a list of further improvements in this version.
New Features in FRITZ!OS 7.11
- NEW A DSL data rate considerably higher than the speed of the internet connection given by the provider can now be reduced to a lower value in order to improve stability
- NEW Mesh WiFi steering can automatically direct devices (smartphones or computers, for instance) to the best Mesh WiFi Repeater (access point steering)
- NEW The FRITZ!DECT 400 Smart Home switch can be used on every FRITZ!Box in the Mesh
- NEW All FRITZ!Boxes in the Mesh now have a shared telephone book at their disposal
-NEW Support for SIP trunking from Deutsche Telekom, dus.net, easybell, envia Tel and EWE/swb/osnatel
- NEW Support for DECT door intercom systems (manufactured by Telegärtner)
- NEW Very easy to offer wireless guest access: Display the account data or initiate WPS on the handset
- NEW Block incoming telephone calls directly from the handset call lists
- NEW Fast accessibility to Smart Home devices as favorites
- NEW Configure and delete call diversion settings directly from the handset menu
- NEW Graphic display of home network connections when editing the connection of a network device
- NEW For the FRITZ!DECT 400 Smart Home switch, pressing a button longer can trigger a second switching action
- NEW Now a "Template" option is available as an additional switching option for FRITZ!DECT 400
- NEW FRITZ!Box sends information on certain events to the email address of your MyFRITZ! account
- NEW All LEDs on the device can now be switched off in the user interface
- NEW Display of the available updates for the FRITZ! products connected in the home network on the Overview page
- NEW Higher data rates possible through support for the Mobile Broadband Interface Model (MBIM) (for instance, W1208 from 4G Systems)
- NEW Push Service for sending received text messages
With each FRITZ!OS update, AVM also updates its security functions. Therefore we recommend performing the update for all devices.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 7.12
- Fixed in rare occasions sporadic changes with opened ports
- Fixed ISDN-Dataconnections did not work anymore
- Fixed WLAN-LED constantly blinking without obvious cause
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 07.11
- Improved Approximate line length displayed in the DSL Overview
- Change For VDSL vectoring connections, manufacturer of the DSL central exchange (DSLAM) named in the user interface
- Improved Now domain names can be specified for VPN connections that are resolved via the tunnel
- Improved For VPN connections, the remote network is displayed in the network even after the connection has been cleared
- Improved Now any names can be specified for VPN connections
- Improved A VPN connection can now transfer the entire network traffic (VPN full tunneling, default route via VPN tunnel)
- Improved Better VPN connection negotiation
- Improved VPN LAN-LAN linkup of a FRITZ!Box on a DS Lite connection possible to IPv4 remote sites
- Improved Various changes for importing a VPN settings file
- Improved More devices possible in the guest access (and wireless hot spot): assigned IP addresses now reserved for only 6 hours (DHCP lease time, configurable)
- Improved FRITZ!Box no longer repeats an attempt to register with MyFRITZ! if the confirmation link sent by email was not clicked
- Change For Vodafone, also consideration of first configuration on fiber optic connections
- Change For activation of internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS, TCP number selected randomly
- Change Transfer rate of the internet connection on the WAN port entered in Mbit/s instead of Kbit/s
- Change For connections from Telekom, "Zuhause Start" connections now called "MagentaZuhause Regio Tarif"
- Fixed "Standard" and "Guest" access profiles, configurable under Filters, contained a budget setting that was not supported
- Fixed Settings from the window for VPN settings could not be copied
- Fixed Under port sharing it was not possible to enter the IPv6 interface ID 0:0:0:0:*
- Fixed Switch of type of connection from IP client to internet router generated illegal IP settings
- Fixed Releasing a port on a dual-stack connection (IPv4 and IPv6) for sharing with a device configured only for IPv4 sometimes failed
- Fixed Internet connection failed after switching internet provider via mobile network to existing connection via wireless LAN . Fixed In rare cases a device in the wireless guest access via a repeater was not assigned an IP address
- Fixed Misleading message úpon disabling internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS
- Fixed Port sharing for destination IP addresses in the form 192.168.*.127 was not possible
- Fixed Port sharing for IPv6 could not be enabled for internet connections with a prefix length /64
- Fixed VPN LAN-LAN linkup to fixed IP addresses did not work (IKE error 0x2005)
- Fixed Additional characters transmitted during download of the FRITZ!Box certificate under FRITZ!Box services
- Fixed Registration with MyFRITZ! could be instable when upper-case letters were used in the email address of the MyFRITZ! account
- Fixed With IPv6 and FRITZ!Box users without the right to access from the internet, access from the home network via FTP to storage (NAS) shared in the home network could fail
- Fixed Guest network block was not applied in individual access profiles configured in parental controls
- Improved The wireless radio network table of known wireless devices was reworked
- Improved For devices that support the wireless protocols 802.11v/k (smartphones or computers, for instance), improved automatic steering into the 2.4-GHz or 5-GHz band (band steering)
- Change For wireless devices in the radio network, the property 802.11k displayed only when the scope of performance is sufficient (beacon report)
- Change New report in event log on problems with "protected logins from wireless devices (PMF)"
- Change The radio channel settings option for automatic steering of wireless devices now also offers Mesh WiFi steering
- Fixed "Wireless LAN coexistence" option now works reliably again (2.4 GHz)
- Fixed When one wireless frequency band is switched off, the radio network of the other frequency band is no longer interrupted
- Fixed Line breaks on the captive portal for the wireless guest access were not saved
- Fixed Wireless LAN settings (channel, wireless standard, etc.) no longer selectable when disabled
- Fixed On the "Wireless / Radio Network" page, wireless devices that are not connected are no longer listed in the table only with a marking for the 2.4-GHz band
- Improved Display of important notifications for secure, reliable operation on all FRITZ!OS products in the Mesh (with red "Info"' LED and on start page)
- Improved Smart Home templates can now be used on every FRITZ!Box in the Mesh This allows actions like "Everything off" to be applied to all FRITZ!Boxes in the Mesh
- Improved Information on Mesh proved in the FRITZ!Box push service mail
- Improved New message in event log on wireless devices that were reregistered because of Mesh steering
- Improved Notice on Mesh Overview about FRITZ!Repeaters or FRITZ!Powerline devices that can still be integrated into the Mesh
- Improved Home network access of the FRITZ!Repeater 3000 optimized for performance in wireless bridge mode
- Improved The name assigned to a Mesh Repeater in the Mesh or Network Overview is applied as its "Repeater name". The user interface of the Mesh Repeater can then be accessed with http://assigned_name
- Change Mesh designation of the Powerline devices without wireless function that participate in the Mesh
- Change Device names of FRITZ!OS devices in the Mesh are adopted from the Mesh Master as push service sender names
- Change During configuration of telephony in the Mesh, the "landline enabled" setting on the Mesh Repeater is switched off
- Fixed Distribution of wireless LAN settings in the Mesh erroneous in rare situations
- Fixed The battery status of Smart Home devices was occasionally displayed incorrectly on the user interface of a Mesh Repeater
- Fixed If a FRITZ!Box configured as a Mesh Repeater was removed from telephony, this change was not applied until the Mesh Master restarted
- Fixed Telephony messages (Message Waiting Indication, MWI) were not passed on to the Mesh Repeater with the right dialed telephone number
- Fixed Type of an existing call diversion could not be changed from the initial setting
- Fixed In isolated cases, conversations were incorrectly negotiated with voice compression
- Fixed Telephony messages (Message Waiting Indication, MWI, RFC 3842) were switched off when adding/editing internet telephone numbers
- Fixed Error in display of contact groups from Google contacts when their names contained "&"
- Fixed While copying an existing telephone book the setting for "important person" was not adopted
- Improved Titles from the media player played on the handset can now be fast forwarded and rewound
- Improved https supported even for live images, for instance for images from a door intercom system
- Improved Playback compatibility of https web radio and podcast streams
- Improved Faster zapping between radio stations
- Fixed Occasional rhythmic sound disruptions when playing web radio
- Improved Change to radio network name now optional when setting the FRITZ!Box name
- Change Podcasts preset for the media server updated. Also applies to FRITZ!Fon
- Fixed Failure to set up a home network connection for certain interfaces in the MyFRITZ!App
- Fixed Problem with DNS resolution of local home network devices when using DHCP without host name
- Fixed In some rare cases it was not possible to set LAN ports to 100 Mbit/s (Green mode)
- Improved Better illustrations of temperature profile in push service (email)
- Change Updated the AHA-HTTP-APU programming interface. https://www.avm.de/schnittstellen
- Fixed In rare cases the sunrise/sunset function did not work reliably
- Fixed Error when setting the temperature for a group
- Improved Optimized treatment of NTFS-formatted storage media
- Fixed In some cases new files were indexed incompletely or not at all
- Improved User interface permanently saves the desired sorting of a table by column
- Improved Dual-band wireless devices were displayed in the overview only with 2.4 GHz
- Change Push service sends important messages from the FRITZ!Box only to the recipient of the FRITZ!Box Info mail
- Change The FRITZ!Box user ftpuser is no longer created ex works (or after restoring the factory settings). One FRITZ!Box user must be created for sharing of storage media (NAS) in the home network
- Change Updated the TR-064 programming interface. See http://www.avm.de/schnittstellen
- Fixed Update with FRITZ!OS file could fail with an IPv6 connection to the FRITZ!Box
- Fixed No import of settings possible when "Magenta Cloud" was enabled
- Change Huawei 3372 mobile communications dongle switched from USB tethering to interne connection via mobile network. The mobile network PIN and provider must be entered once under "Internet / Mobile Network"
- Change Support of outdated TLS 1.0 standard to secure FRITZ!OS services in the server role switched off
- Change Length of DH parameter extended to 2048 bit for FRITZ!OS services in the server role
New Features in FRITZ!OS 7.01
- NEW register for regular status updates for your FRITZ!Box (MyFRITZ! report)
- NEW MyFRITZ! internet access to the FRITZ!Box without a warning from the browser (SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt)
- NEW The FRITZ!Box configured as Mesh Master transfers your telephone numbers to an additional FRITZ!Box as a Mesh Repeater.
- NEW Scheduling function for call diversion
- NEW Telephone numbers can be blocked or added to your contacts directly from the call list
- NEW Support for Deutsche Telekom SIP Trunking (DeutschlandLAN SIP Trunk / SIP Trunk Pooling)
- NEW FRITZ!Fon phone number display shows region and country area codes
- NEW Now five different ring tones of your own can be selected for FRITZ!Fon
- NEW FRITZ!Fon start screen event log: received faxes are displayed
- NEW FRITZ!Fon Smart Home start screen now scrollable to display more Smart Home devices
- NEW Expanded registration mode for (re-)registration of all devices known to the FRITZ!Box, for instance, after switching to a new FRITZ!Box
- NEW FRITZ!Box supports software updates for compatible handsets from other manufacturers (CAT-iq SUOTA)
- NEW FRITZ!Fon supports updates for FRITZ!Box (can also be protected with a PIN)
- NEW Separate volume controls for the alarm sound
- NEW FRITZ!Fon media player: save and load playlists as .xsfp files via FRITZ!NAS
- NEW Jump to next/last title when playing podcasts on your FRITZ!Fon
- NEW Support for Speedphone 11 from Deutsche Telekom
- NEW User interface with new Home Network -> "Mesh" menu for all settings concerning Mesh
- NEW Mesh Home Network Overview also shows telephone and Smart Home connections complete with topology and connection quality
- NEW In the ex works settings, a second FRITZ!Box connected via Ethernet becomes a Mesh repeater at the push of a button (WPS)
- NEW Switch for IP client or router operation in the network settings area
- NEW Switch for the function of the FRITZ!Box in the home network (Mesh operating mode) as Mesh Master or Mesh Repeater in the Home Network>Mesh>Mesh Settings and WLAN areas
- NEW Mesh events added to the event messages
- NEW The settings for push services, auto updates and AVM services are applied to the entire Mesh WiFi
More information on the new features for Mesh is presented at "New features for Mesh" More information on configuration and using Mesh is presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
- NEW With a "FRITZ! Hotspot it's easier than ever to give guests WiFi access in public places such as bars, restaurants, doctor's practices etc. For details, see Wireless / Guest Access.
- NEW Improved wireless security through support of activated Protected Management Frames (PMF)
- NEW Support for DECT ULE/HAN FUN
With each FRITZ!OS update, AVM also updates its security functions. Therefore we recommend performing the update for all devices.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 7.01
- IMPROVED Option for checking and, if necessary, remedying detected interference from powerline to VDLS
- BUG FIX DSL-Datarate could was shown differently in various parts of the user interface
- IMPROVED Display of internet connections on the Overview page also includes WAN connections
- IMPROVED Simplified display for internet connections on the Overview page under Connections
- IMPROVED Function for removing the FRITZ!Box from the MyFRITZ! account (myfritz.net)
- IMPROVED Optimizations for data throughput
- IMPROVED Optimizations for DNS resolution
- Improved Optimized registration with MyFRITZ! (myfritz.net) also possible without enabling MyFRITZ! internet access, under Internet > MyFRITZ! Account
- *IMPROVED** SHA-2 support for VPN connections
- IMPROVED Filter for port 25 (unsecured mail sending) also effective for the Guest Access (Wireless LAN/LAN)
- CHANGE Connections to 1&1 lines also with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6 and IPv4 Dual Stack)
- CHANGE Connections to Vodafone lines also with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6 and IPv4 Dual Stack)
- CHANGE Type of internet connection "existing connection via wireless LAN" also supports non-encrypted wireless LAN
- CHANGE Parental controls no longer differentiate between Windows users
- CHANGE Devices blocked for internet use in the parental controls can be reached via VPN
- CHANGE Internet service provider "GMX" removed
- CHANGE FRITZ!Box devices in IP client mode (as for connection to existing network) can be registered with myfritz.net
- CHANGE Certificate signed by letsencrypt.org (for MyFRITZ! addresses)
- BUG FIX "Default user already exists" message when configuring parental controls
- BUG FIX Possible circumvention of time limits defined in parental controls
- BUG FIX Circumvention of parental controls for certain blocked websites
- BUG FIX The LAN ports were switched for VPN LAN-LAN linkup
- BUG FIX Improved VPN interoperability
- BUG FIX VPN user connections not displayed in the home network overview
- BUG FIX MyFRITZ! FTP links corrected
- BUG FIX MyFRITZ! access or device with MyFRITZ! access could not be deleted under certain circumstances
- BUG FIX Error while entering an already assigned IP address for a new device for port sharing
- BUG FIX No IPv4 port sharing for devices with IPv6 interface ID during IPv4 internet connection without IPv6
- BUG FIX IPv6 NAS sharing link could not be used
- BUG FIX Google DynDNS service not supported
- BUG FIX Static IP address with /31 network mask not possible
- BUG FIX MyFRITZ!-Page would allow to change the user email-adress, even with no user registered
- BUG FIX in some configurations a VPN-config file could not be imported
- IMPROVED Redesigned administration of call blocks for incoming calls (telephone numbers)
- IMPROVED Optimized management of telephone books
- IMPROVED Playback of web radio and podcasts with HTTPS addresses on AVM devices (only if contents can be played back without encryption)
- BUG FIX Speedphone 500 could no longer make calls
- BUG FIX Possible error message (Error code 1) when IP address entered manually in the Device Details
- CHANGE Connection Statistics area for the powerline network moved from the Network Device Details to the Contents>FRITZ!Box Support area
- IMPROVED DFS wait times in the 5-GHz band optimized
- IMPROVED Band steering for wireless clients that support the 802.11v/k standards
- IMPROVED Display of wireless standards 802.11k and 802.11v as "Signal Properties" (for band steering)
- IMPROVED Display of frequency bands on Wireless LAN / Radio Channel page in the "Other radio networks in your vicinity" list
- IMPROVED Improved changing of SSID in Wireless Assistant during first configuration
- BuG FIX Selection of DFS channels in the 5 GHz band possible again in repeater mode
- BUG FIX Display of interference sources on Wireless LAN / Radio Channel page in the "Use of the Wireless LAN Channels" list
- BUG FIX The entire network environment of the base station is displayed in repeater mode
- IMPROVED Support for external temperature sensor to determine room temperature
- IMPROVED Push notification sent when an interrupted DECT connection is restored
- IMPROVED Error while saving Smart Home Device names
- CHANGE The "Login without password (not recommended) option in the FRITZ!Box user interface now requires pressing a button on the FRITZ!Box
- IMPROVED Function diagnostics shows insufficient memory for saving faxes and voice messages when USB storage is full
- CHANGE Display of port for Diagnostics & Maintenance
- NEW Additional confirmation for certain changes can now be performed using the Google Authenticator
- IMPROVED Redesigned Auto Update page
- IMPROVED Event protocol on the Mesh Master also contains all events on the other FRITZ! devices in the Mesh WiFi
- IMPROVED Push service sends mail after the update with additional information on the version and update progress
- IMPROVED Push service change notice now also includes information on the registration of a new DECT device
- IMPROVED Push service change notice on new devices in the home network now also includes information on new Mesh repeaters
- IMPROVED "New FRITZ!OS" push service mail now also includes planned time of for auto updates
- IMPROVED Optimized time synchronization (NTP) after internet dial-in
- IMPROVED Consent to "Diagnostics and Maintenance" does not include permission for software updates
- IMPROVED Simplified display for configuration of wireless LAN, LAN and WAN in the Interfaces area of the Overview menu
- IMPROVED Redesigned push services overview
- CHANGE For security reasons, the preconfigured user "ftpuser" can no longer be granted access from the internet
- CHANGE For FRITZ!Box users who are granted access from the Internet, the password must be different from the user name
- CHANGE The security of new password assignments must be rated at least "medium" or they will be rejected.
- CHANGE Additional confirmation for creating VPN connections
- *IMPROVED** Message notifying about possible detriment to FRITZ!Box functions when contents deleted from the FRITZ! folder
- BUG FIX System folders no longer indexed for the FRITZ! media server
- BUG FIX Internet via mobile network not offered for all detected 3G dongles during first configuration
New features for Mesh
General information on Mesh is presented at en.avm.de/mesh-networking.
Enabling the Mesh Function
To check whether a FRITZ! product is enabled for Mesh, see the Mesh Overview of the FRITZ!Box (the Mesh Master) under "fritz.box -> Home Network -> Mesh". Here the products in the Mesh are designated with a corresponding "Mesh active" symbol.
A FRITZ!WLAN Repeater or FRITZ!Powerline Adapter with FRITZ!OS 6.90 or higher installed can be enabled for Mesh in various ways:
- If the product has the ex works settings configured and is being connected with the FRITZ!Box for the first time, it will be automatically enabled for Mesh.
- If the product is already connected, but not enabled for Mesh, it is added to the Mesh by pressing a button on the product to be integrated and a button on the FRITZ!Box. On the FRITZ!Box, use the button that initiates WPS (depending on the model, press the "Connect" or "WPS" button briefly, or the "WLAN/WPS button for 6 seconds)
Detailed instructions, additional information and the answers to frequently asked questions about Mesh are presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq.
Telephony Mesh and Smart Home Mesh
With FRITZ!OS 7.0, telephony and Smart Home are also compatible with the Mesh.
The connections of cordless telephones and Smart Home products are displayed in the FRITZ!Box Mesh Overview. You can use a second FRITZ!Box as Mesh repeater, and use telephones registered with the second FRITZ!Box with the numbers assigned in the first FRITZ!Box, the "Mesh Master".
Configuring a second FRITZ!Box as a Mesh repeater with the press of a button
- Your existing FRITZ!Box supports Mesh (FRITZ!OS 6.90 or higher). This box is the Mesh Master.
- The FRITZ!Box to be deployed as a Mesh repeater has been updated to FRITZ!OS 7.0 and you have restored its settings ex works. This box is to become the Mesh repeater.
- Connect the LAN1 port of the Mesh repeater with the Master using a LAN cable
- Initiate the Connect function on both boxes (7590: press the "Connect" button briefly; 7490: press and hold down the WLAN/WPS button for 6 seconds)
After the connection procedure is concluded, the second FRITZ!Box is ready for operation as a Mesh repeater. (It operates in "IP client" mode and, as a Mesh repeater, adopts the wireless LAN settings and other important settings from the FRITZ!Box).
Please note that this function can be used only if the second FRITZ!Box is permanently connected with the first box by LAN cable.
Instructions for configuring a FRITZ!Box connected via wireless LAN as a Mesh repeater are presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
Transmit the telephone numbers of a Mesh Master to another FRITZ!Box in the home network
Once you have added an additional FRITZ!Box to the Mesh, you can configure it so that all telephone numbers are available on each FRITZ!Box. If your FRITZ!Box is connected with a landline, you can use the telephones connected to the second FRITZ!Box to make calls over the internet as well as on the landline. If the latest FRITZ!OS 7.0 is installed on both FRITZ!Boxes, the telephone numbers are transferred automatically in the Mesh once the "Telephony in the Mesh" option is enabled.
If the new FRITZ!Box is already part of the Mesh, or if you have already set up telephone numbers there, these telephone numbers must be deleted and one of the two FRITZ!Boxes must be restarted.
Then the new FRITZ!Box must be enabled for "Telephony in the Mesh". To do so proceed as follows:
- Click on "Home Network" in the user interface of the Mesh Master.
- Click on "Mesh" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Mesh Settings" tab.
- In the "Use Telephony in the Mesh" section, click on the "Enable" link next to the Mesh repeater in question and then confirm this operation on the Mesh Master as well, if prompted to do so.
The telephone numbers are now distributed in the Mesh and can be assigned to your telephones and other terminal equipment for telephony (for instance, answering machines) on the FRITZ!Box.
Note: Telephony Mesh is not the same thing as DECT repeating, which requires the support of special hardware on the FRITZ!Box deployed as the Mesh Master. If you would like to use DECT repeating, you can purchase the FRITZ!DECT Repeater 100 from an electronics retailer.
Display of 802.11k and 802.11v support on wireless devices
FRITZ!OS now displays wireless devices that support the wireless standards 802.11k and 802.11v directly in the user interface. Both standards are already widespread for wireless devices and are important prerequisites for the further development of Mesh WiFi for the fastest, lowest-interference, and most convenient control of wireless devices in Mesh environments To find out whether your wireless devices offer support for the 11k and/or 11v standards, see the "Properties" under the Wireless / Radio Network menu, or use the "Edit" function to display the properties of each wireless device.
Additional Innovations in FRITZ!OS 7.0
What's new for the FRITZ! Hotspot
The new FRITZ!OS 7.0 vmakes setting up and using the FRITZ! Hotspot even easier. It's now even easier for users to choose whether the wireless guest access should be provided as an open hotspot, or encrypted as a private hotspot. If an open hotspot is chosen, the guests do not need to enter a security key. Cafés, doctor's offices and small businesses, as well as all FRITZ!Box users, can provide their customers and visitors an easy-to-use internet access that complies with the current legal regulations. Whether it's private or public hotspot, guests cannot access the home network, but surf using a second wireless LAN provided by the FRITZ!Box.
Secure and Complete Control
The operator of the hotspot can decide which applications can be used in the guest network and which are prohibited. Daily email messages notify the operator of the hotspot about which devices were registered in the radio network and when. Another advantage is the option to reserve bandwidth. This options allows you to specify how much of the data rate is reserved for their own wireless LAN and how much is available to their guests.
Individual & Convenient
Increased speed when using USB storage media with NTFS data systems
If you're using USB sticks or flash drives on your FRITZ!Box that are formatted with the data system NTFS, you can benefit from increased speed during transmission. You don't have to do anything - just continue to use the existing USB storage media as before. To check what data system is used, go to Home Network -> USB Storage Media in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
New security feature in the wireless LAN: "Protected Management Frames (PMF)"
FRITZ!OS now supports additional security during registration of devices with the wireless LAN. "Protected Management Frames" ("PMF" for short) offer additional protection for the wireless connection during the setup phase. PMF is standardized according to IEEE 802.11w-2009 and is automatically offered to or negotiated with wireless devices that support this technology. The new feature is available in the user interface under Wireless > Security > Additional Security Settings.
Support for Telekom SIP Trunking
With FRITZ!OS AVM 7.0 provides support for the SIP trunking technology from Deutsche Telekom. For a few months now, Deutsche Telekom has been offering its business clients a SIP Trunk standard, making it easy to switch from ISDN to IP-based ports. The FRITZ!Box supports up to 20 direct inward dialing (DID) numbers for telephones connected directly to the FRITZ!Box. If a user's phone tariff contains more than 20 direct inward dialing numbers, these can be used with an ISDN PBX (Private Branch Exchange) for the system connection via the FRITZ!Box's internal S0 interface. With FRITZ!OS 7.0, the FRITZ!Box supports the "Deutschland LAN SIP Trunk" and "Deutschland LAN SIP Trunk Pooling" tariffs.
Detailed configuration instructions are presented in the following guide:
MyFRITZ! access to your FRITZ!Box via internet now without security messages in the browser
When you access the user interface of your FRITZ!Box from the internet, a security warning may be displayed in the browser. The new FRITZ!OS version enables your FRITZ!Box to receive a SSL certificate for your MyFRITZ! address from the organization letsencrypt.org. Browser access via the MyFRITZ! address to the interface of FRITZ!Box is no longer accompanied by a security warning, since most browsers trust the certificates from letsencrypt.org.
Proceed as follows:
- First you need to register your FRITZ!Box with MyFRITZ! (myfritz.net).
- Under "Internet / MyFRITZ! Account", enable the "Let's encrypt" optLet's Encryption.
- Confirm by clicking "Apply" and wait for the status "Certificate issued successfully".
Your FRITZ!Box has the certificate created for your MyFRITZ! address and uses it for browser access to this address, for example when you access your FRITZ!Box via your account on https://myfritz.net.
It's also possible to send links for FRITZ!NAS file sharing (for example photos) to third parties, who'll have access without annoying certificate warnings. This way, FRITZ!NAS becomes an even greater alternative to cloud storage services.
Note: To receive the certificate, the TCP port 443 of your FRITZ!Box is open for a few minutes. The certificate is currently valid for 60 days and is then renewed by the FRITZ!Box. HTTPS access to your FRITZ!Box via public or local IP address, "fritz.box" in the home network or over a DynDNS provider do not use the certificate from letsencrypt. MyFRITZ!App: After activation of the Let's Encrypt certificate in the FRITZ!Box, the MyFRITZ!App notifies you once about the change of the certificate fingerprint. Select "trust" to continue using the new certificate.
Option for assessing and, if necessary, remedying detected interference with VDSL from Powerline
In the Internet / DSL Information / Interference Resistance menu of the FRITZ!Box, any interference with VDSL that may have been caused by FRITZ!Powerline can be minimized. This process of checking and adjusting can take up to ten minutes. During this time, the load on the powerline connection may affect the network quality and internet connection. This procedure can be repeated to optimize the interaction of VDSL with a high-performance powerline installation step by step, and the adjustmented settings can be returned to their original configuration.
This option is available only if VDSL interference was detected that could have been caused by a FRITZ!Powerline product.
Support for DECT ULE/HAN FUN
DECT-ULE/HAN-FUN is a manufacturer-independent standard for Smart Home devices.
The following sensors passed testing with FRITZ!OS 7.0 to confirm that they work with HAN-FUN:
- SmartHome wall switches (https://www.smarthome.de/geraete/telekom-smarthome-wandtaster)
- SmartHome door/window sensor (https://www.smarthome.de/geraete/eurotronic-smarthome-tuer-fensterkontakt-optisch)
- SmartHome motion detector (https://www.smarthome.de/geraete/telekom-smarthome-bewegungsmelder-innen) Please note: The HAN-FUN devices are not supported by DECT repeaters. Other types of sensors can also be used as long as their manufacturers have declared them to be compatible with DECT-ULE/HAN-FUN. Actuators from the Telekom SmartHome product range are not supported at this time (e.g., InDoor/OutDoor adapter plugs, sirens).
Used in combination with a FRITZ!Box and the FRITZ!DECT 200/210 smart plug, they can be used to realize the following scenarios:
- Press wall switch => Outlet is switched => Light on/off
- Motion sensor triggered => Light on in the home/garage/yard
- Window sensor open/closed switches FRITZ!DECT 200 => connected humidifier / air purifier switches off/on
Please note during installation: The Telekom app cannot be used to install SmartHome devices to be deployed with a FRITZ!Box. The HAN-FUN devices are connected (paired) with the FRITZ!Box via the DECT button. In addition to the AVM Smart Home devices, a maximum of ten HAN-FUN devices can be registered with a FRITZ!Box.
After successful DECT pairing, the new devices are listed in the FRITZ!Box user interface (Home Network => Smart Home) as "HAN-FUN function xxx" and their properties can be configured accordingly.
Disclaimer: Due to the general conditions prevalent in radio technologies, as well as certain special product properties of products, AVM cannot guarantee the complete functionality of devices from other manufacturers.
Support for Speedphone 11 from Deutsche Telekom
With FRITZ!OS 7.0 it is possible to use a Speedphone 11 with advanced telephone functions with a FRITZ!Box. For this the software of the Speedphone 11 must be updated.
Please note: At the time of publication in July 2018, a corresponding update was forthcoming.
If the firmware version 4.01 is installed on your Speedphone 11, perform the following steps:
- Register the Speedphone 11 with the FRITZ!Box according to these instructions, during which the expanded security functions of the FRITZ!Box will be disabled briefly: https://avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7590/wissensdatenbank/publication/show/3288_Speedphone-nach-Neustart-der-FRITZ-Box-abgemeldet/
- If a new Speedphone firmware is available for updating, it will be offered automatically. Alterntively, you can perform a manual check via the menu.
- Once the firmware has been updated (> version 4.01), the security functions disabled in step one should be reactivated in the FRITZ!Box.
- Re-register the Speedphone 11 with the FRITZ!Box.
The Speedphone 11 is now available for telephone services with DECT encryption enabled. The following features were tested successfully:
- caller ID display
- caller ID
- access to the FRITZ!Box address book
- call list
- use of the FRITZ!Box answering machine
Disclaimer: Due to the general conditions prevalent in radio technologies, as well as certain special product properties of products, AVM cannot guarantee the complete functionality of devices from other manufacturers.
New and improved Features in FRITZ!OS 6.80
- NEW Display of Internet use by guests in the Online Monitor
- NEW Guaranteed data rate for home network devices despite intensive use of the guest network
- NEW Option for autonomous port sharing (UPnP/PCP) can be enabled for each device
- NEW Option to limit the number of outgoing calls to foreign numbers, enabled automatically
- NEW Call diversion applicable to all contacts in a telephone book
- NEW Support added for operating CAT-iq 2.0-compliant handsets
- NEW IP address (DHCP) can be changed directly in the device details
- NEW To improve data transmission, a dual-band wireless device can be set to switch between the 2.4 and the 5-GHz frequency band automatically (band steering)
- NEW Display of temperature curve over the last 24h for devices with temperature sensor
- NEW Group switching for radiator controls
- NEW Switching of the FRITZ!DECT 200/210 smart plug by sounds, like clapping or knocking
- NEW New convenience features added to myfritz.box user interface and optimized display on smartphones and tablets (responsive design)
- NEW Password for registering an IP telephone with the FRITZ!Box must have at least eight characters. IP telephones with a shorter password will be disabled with this update.
- NEW Certain settings and features require additional confirmation by the user where the FRITZ!Box is located
- NEW FRITZNAS user interface optimized for tablets and smartphones (responsive design)
- NEW Text messages received at mobile communications dongles operating as a modem displayed as events
More wireless LAN speed through band steering
The new FRITZ!OS offers a leap of speed for WiFi with band steering. Many smartphones and tablets can transmit data on the 2.4-GHz-band and the 5-GHZ-band. If one band is working at a high capacity, the FRITZ!Box now automatically initiates a band switch. This way resources can be exploited better and data reach their destination faster and without interference. Band steering is possible for all FRITZ!Box models with dual-band Wireless AC+N (FRITZ!Box models 7580, 7490, 7560, 6490, 4040, 3490).
Priorities in WiFi
With the FRITZ!OS 6.80 update users can be sure to surf, stream or chat without interference even if the guest network is highly used. So you can decide which transmission rates you and your guests are entitled to. If the FRITZ!Box owners are not online, the guests can enjoy higher data rates. The new online monitor is also very handy, since it now displays the data rates of the guest access on top of the usual downstream rates for Internet and IPTV.
FRITZ!Fon: additional start screens and night service
FRITZ!Fon, the DECT telephone for FRITZ!Box, received new selectable start screens. Users now have their Smart Home products in direct view and can switch even easier. The analog clock displayed in white or black is also new. The new night service is dimming the display when the brightness in the room falls below the settings. The possibility to configure a call diversion with the FRITZ!Box can now also be used with any contact in the requested telephone book. Plus, the number of outgoing calls can be limited with FRITZ!OS 6.80.
Smart Home switch on sound
The smart plugs FRITZ!DECT 200 and DECT 210 can already be switched automatically at sunrise/sunset or according to an individual schedule via app or phone. Now another option was added: with FRITZ!OS 6.80 an acoustic sensor is activated locally in the smart plug. Lamps or other connected devices will then react to sounds like clapping or knocking. Another innovation is the display of the temperature measured over the last 24 hours in the FRITZ!Box user interface. Starting with FRITZ!OS 6.80, group switching can also be used for the new radiator control FRITZ!DECT 300.
Even better and easier: MyFRITZ! for browser and app
Following the fritz.box user interface ? the window to the FRITZ!Box ? with FRITZ!OS 6.80 the user interfaces of the MyFRITZ! service (myfritz.net) and FRITZ!NAS now also appear in a responsive design and adjust to any display size. Using the MyFRITZ!App 2 (for Android) users have convenient access to saved data, their call list or voice messages - at home and from anywhere else. Users will receive real time notifications via the app about missed calls or new voice messages. With a single swipe you can establish a secure connection to your home network and access your FRITZ!Box and connected devices from on the go. Even Smart Home devices can be operated and switched directly via app or widget.
On the safe side: strong passwords and settings requiring confirmation
The configuration of new IP phones and call diversions as well as the saving of backup files is even safer now as a new function implements an additional confirmation that can only be verified where the FRITZ!Box is located (two-factor authentication). Attempts to log in with wrong user data are recorded as an event. On top of this, FRITZ!OS 6.80 makes sure that users assign a password with at least 8 digits when configuring an IP telephone or an IP intercom system via the FRITZ!Box. Numerous other FRITZ!OS 6.80 upgrades provide the FRITZ!Box with the latest security standards. With every large update AVM always advises to install the latest version of FRITZ!OS for optimum security and best network synchronization.
FRITZ! convenience with DECT telephones from other manufacturers
With FRITZ!OS 6.80 DECT telephones that support the CAT-iq 2.0 standard offer many convenience features that come with FRITZ! telephony. For example, cordless telephones from other manufacturers can use one or more telephone books in the FRITZ!Box and users can get a quick overview with the call list.
Approve access from the Internet for online games, gaming consoles or IP devices
Devices connected to the FRITZ!Box are safe from unauthorized access from the Internet. However, certain applications such as online games or devices like IP cameras or gaming consoles sometimes need to be accessible for others over the Internet. FRITZ!Box users can enable such connections through port sharing. Now it's also possible to allow certain devices to control port sharing automatically. With FRITZ!OS 6.80 all shared ports (IPv4, IPv6, MyFRITZ! or autonomous) can be viewed and configured at once. Users can find an overview of all shared ports with their connected home network devices in the menu at "Internet > Permit Access". Settings for parental controls can also be used with pure IPv6 devices with the new FRITZ!OS 6.80. ___
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 6.84:
- changed: internal change for production
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 6.83:
- improved changes for the telephony service of Deutsche Telekom
- fixed setting up login credentials for a seperate logical connection for voice
- changed setting up IP-phones requires at least 8 characters for the username
- changed connecting IP-phones over the internet is deactivated after installing the update *
- fixed performance issue when using DSL connections with DHCP
improved changed text in the dialog for addition authentification
- We recommend to use VPN to connect IP-phones from external locations.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 6.80:
- Improved Optimization for VDSL vectoring
- Improved Better interoperability with various VDSL and ADSL connections
- Improved Compatibility mode added for VDSL connections with supervectoring (35B)
- Improved Display of online time in the parental controls overview
- Improved Labeling of time axes in the Online Monitor
- Improved Filters for websites take account of blocked domains for https calls as well
- Improved Support for pure IPv6 devices in parental controls
- Improved Port sharing combined with MyFRITZ! sharing and IPv6 sharing
- Improved Complete firewall exceptions possible for downstream routers with IPv6
- Improved Static routes can be defined for IPv6
- Bug fix Shifted time scale in the graphic overview of permitted online time on fritz.box/surf.lua
- Improved Optimized position of group filter in the configuration wizard for Google contacts
- Bug fix Impaired voice quality on some analog telephone lines
- Bug fix Integration of a new Google telephone book now possible
- Improved Entries in the telephone book now can be sorted by first and last name
- Improved Random playback of music list now works across sub-folders
- Improved Podcasts can now be interrupted on the FRITZ!Fon (by the user or by incoming calls) and resumed at the point of interruption
- Improved Display of device details completed Resoved - "Deleting" unused devices in the home network list also removesVPN connections
- Change LAN port 1 through 4 switched to power mode
- Improved Shows the time when autochannel was last refreshed
- Improved Deletion of all inactive wireless devices without individual settings from the list of known wireless devices
- Improved Additional options to prevent manual switching of FRITZ!DECT 200 smart plug
- Improved Diagnostics of "Function" and "Security" includes MyFRITZ!
- Improved Optimized registration of MyFRITZ! account
- Improved Attempts to log in with wrong user data recorded in Event Log
- Improved Access via FTPS supports ECDHE ciphers
- Change Registeration with FRITZ!Box user interface valid for 20 min
- Change Increased security of FRITZ!Box's own certificate through signature with SHA 256
- Improved Optimized configuration of switching schedule by graphic time table for smartphone and tablet
- Improved FRITZ!OS update page also shows the last time the version was checked or the last time a FRITZ!OS was installed
- Improved Display of logins via FTP or SMB in the Event Log
- Improved Event log adjusted to different display sizes
- Improved User guidance for restoring saved settings
- Improved Push Service overview
- Improved Reworked mail subject line for push service mails and information about sender
- Improved Text edited in the FRITZ!Box Info mail from push service
- Improved Push service combines mails generated within a short period
- Improved Change notices for selected settings added to push service mails
- Improved Push service mail for use of guest access even when wireless network login/logout display disabled
- Improved Information on full storage medium for push service mails on fax reception, voice messages and function diagnostics
- Improved Important notifications for secure and reliable operation now also on FRITZ!Fon devices, via MyFRITZ!App 2 and by push service mail (Previously: only red Info LED and fritz.box overview)
- Improved Better stability even in atypical load situations
- Bug fix Recurrent push mails (change notices) about first registration of powerline devices or devices without a clock
- Bug fix "Change notices" and "Forgot password" mail were not sent if the push service was configured with the answering machine or the fax function
- Change Interface descriptions for developers expanded (www.avm.de/Schnittstellen)
- Improved FTP and SMB service can be enabled/disabled independently of each other
- Change FTP service in the home network disabled upon delivery
- Improved Optimized configuration of a mobile communications connection via Huawei E182 or ZTE W21v
- Improved Huawei E5331 and other mobile communications dongles supported in tethering mode
- Change Access number may be left blank
Improvements and Bug Fixes in FRITZ!OS 6.52
- Improved Wireless LAN stability for using Entertain
- Resolved MWI disabled for VoIP provider "Telekom" and "Other providers" after editing
- Resolved Fixed assignment of the same IPv4 address lost on restart
- Improved Stability, eliminated possibility of continual reboots in special application scenarios
- Changed Update with a FRITZ!OS file is permitted only with the latest version of FRITZ!OS
Improvements and Bug Fixes in FRITZ!OS 6.50
Improvement-Notice on login page when no DSL connection available Resolved-impulse noise protection (G.INP) was not negotiated during first connection after restart Resolved-problem connecting to Broadcom 147.159 (VDSL) Resolved-problem connecting to Infineon 7.23.4 (ADSL2+)
- Improved Number of VPN connections raised from 8 to 12
- Improved Support can be enabled for PPPoE passthrough
- Improved VPN interoperability to external remote stations
- Changed "MyFRITZ!" menu command renamed "MyFRITZ! Account"
- Resolved Non-supported services disabled when operating mode switched
- Resolved Error when checking connection of user-defined Dynamic DNS provider
- Resolved In some cases, VPN settings of FRITZ!Box user did not contain a preshared key
- Resolved Delayed notifications in the wireless network for Android apps on IPv6 connections
- Resolved Fix for missing data of a guest access configuration on the start page
- Improved Display of wireless LAN channels occupied by adjacent networks
- Improved Maximum possible data rate shown on the detail pages of wireless LAN devices in "Wireless / Radio Network"
- Improved Password evaluation for entry of wireless network key
- Improved Reworked messages on wireless LAN under "System / Events"
- Improved Wireless auto-channel function now also occupies higher channels in the 5-GHz band
- Improved Wireless guest access now encrypted with WPA2 instead of WPA/WPA2 (mixed mode)
- Resolved In "Repeater" operating mode, changes to "Radio Channel Settings" led to permanent loss of connection to access point
- Resolved Transmission power for enabled guest access can be controlled again
- Resolved Wireless guest access can be enabled in the "Share existing Internet connection in the network (IP client)" mode again
- Improved Warning message on attempt to delete the "FRITZ!" folder
- Improved Media server supports thumbnails for contents of Synology NAS devices
- Resolved After releasing a directory for sharing with a user, NAS could no longer be reached by other users
- Improved New switching options for sunrise/sunset
- Improved Temperature master as option for group switching
Improvement-provider prefixes for call-by-call in all operating modes
- Improved Display of longer disruption of IP-based telephony (red INFO LED)
- Improved When selecting a range (e.g. mobile communications network) for dialing rules and call blocks, the exact range of telephone numbers is displayed
- Improved Names can be assigned for call blocks
- Improved Reworked display of call time for calls and voice messages
- Improved Diagnostics with improved texts and status displays for telephony problems
- Improved Detection of caller name optimized for internal answering machine
- Improved Error message when non-numeric characters entered for PIN for remote answering machine playback
- Improved New contacts in Google can be assigned to a selected group
- Improved Configuration of STUN server also possible when VoIP used via UMTS dongle
- Improved New intercontinental range for call block/dialing rules to telephone numbers outside Europe
- Improved Better voice quality for FRITZ!Fon M2, C4 (equalizer updated)
- Improved "Internal numbers" telephone book offers editing and deletion for telephone numbers adopted from an upstream FRITZ!Box
- Improved If answering machine is set to pick up immediately, calls are rejected immediately when answering machine is busy
- Improved New voice memos signaled to the handset more quickly
- Improved New event when reading in telephone books fails because of too many entries
- Improved Changes to configurations of the answering machine modes "Record messages", "Greeting only" and "Schedule" can now be made without activating the given operating mode
- Changed For provider "Telekom", specification for DTMF transmission switched to "telephone event"
- Changed Status display of the telephony LED gray on the start page if at least one telephone number is not registered
- Changed Removed keypad code for resetting telephony settings (#99**)
- Changed Port for the STUN server at provider sipgate converted from port 10000 to standard port 3478
- Resolved Provider prefixes also considered for call diversion and "divert via"
- Resolved User name cannot be entered for Internet telephone numbers of personal-voip.de
- Resolved Error in writing existing telephone book entries
- Resolved Malfunction during call diversion to inactive answering machines eliminated
- Resolved Inconsistencies in managing telephone numbers
- Resolved Deletion of SIP trunk telephone numbers generated inconsistencies in some cases
- Resolved Deletion of multiple messages on the answering machine can fail
- Resolved Failed parallel call ended internal call distribution in some cases
- Resolved Fax forwarding by e-mail could fail permanently when the push service was initially configured along with the fax machine
- Resolved For a substitute connection it was possible to use an incorrect number for outgoing calls
- Resolved For missing area code prefix, domestic calls not signaled as "national" on the internal S0 port (FON S0)
- Resolved When multiple IP telephones are registered, changes in certain constellations applied to a different IP telephone
- Resolved Double signaling of internally forwarded calls when push mail enabled for all calls
- Resolved Incoming calls sometimes interrupted voice transmission during existing telephone calls
- Resolved Possible incorrect display of telephone number for incoming international calls
- Resolved Connection possibly aborted when FRITZ!App Fon used for codec change during active connection
- Resolved After deletion of received fax documents, flashing INFO LED not always reset correctly
- Improved "Schedule" operation mode added to the configuration menu of the answering machine
- Improved Pause function in the media player, for RSS feeds and podcasts ("OK" key)
- Improved Audio parameters adjusted for better voice quality at the edge of transmission range
- Improved Display of available FRITZ!OS updates on FRITZ!Fon "Events" start screen
- Improved Display does not turn off when "Live image" active
- Improved Live images can be cycled through by switch
- Improved Alarm rings even when Do Not Disturb enabled (locally)
- Improved Clearer display of smart home devices
- Improved "Advanced Security" for DECT connections (early encryption und rekeying)
- Improved Better compatibility of selected, newer Panasonic DECT devices with the FRITZ!Box
- Improved For newer Gigaset models: support for "mute/unmute" during a call
- Improved Gigaset: support of Gigaset's own telephone book options for various models
- Improved Display of type and path of a device's connection to the FRITZ!Box now included in the details of the "Network Overview" page
- Improved "Network Overview" page with optimized listing of powerline devices with their own user interface
- Improved Reworked local IPv6 settings
- Improved All AVM FRITZ!Powerline products in the powerline network can now be updated from the FRITZ!Box user interface
- Improved Optimized detection of memory cards in mobile communications dongles by Huawei
- Improved Mobile communications configuration optimized for smartphones and mobile communications dongles with USB tethering
- Improved Mobile communications modems by Huawei configured for automatic selection of network technology
- Improved Preselection of operating mode optimized for mobile communications dongles
- Resolved Configuration pages of a mobile communications dongle with USB tethering could not be opened from the mobile communications configuration under certain circumstances
- Resolved Detection corrected for mobile communications dongle Speedstick LTE V
- Resolved Eliminated "Unsupported device" message for tethering devices without a card reader
- Resolved Several Huawei mobile communication dongles were not correctly recognized as modems
- Resolved No timeout for detection attempts by card readers in mobile communications dongles
- Improved Upon conclusion, configuration wizard checks whether a new FRITZ!OS is available and offers an update
- Improved Reworked content and display of push service mails
- Improved Link to the FRITZ!Box user interface in the footer of the push service mail can now be accessed externally as well (requires MyFRITZ! or Dynamic DNS)
- Improved Option to deactivate push service entirely
- Improved Settings backup now also includes parental controls, wireless guest access and basic smart home settings
- Improved Sorting function in tables in the user interface
- Improved Dispatch of "FRITZ!Box Info" push mail as needed
- Improved "FRITZ!Box Info" and "Wireless Guest Access" push mail sent before restart
- Improved Time-saving operation via optimized navigation in the user interface
- Improved Display of new functions via HTTPS before a FRITZ!OS update
- Improved New event for saving settings
- Resolved Error adopting settings for online telephone books
- Improved Password evaluation during first configuration and configuration of MyFRITZ!
- Improved Secure TLS mandatory, support for SSLv3 removed
- Improved Function diagnosis of function takes own FRITZ!WLAN Repeaters into consideration when counting radio networks of that name in the vicinity
- Improved "Smart Home" area added to function diagnosis
- Improved Function diagnosis now includes detection of old wireless LAN devices (802.11b)
- Improved Send diagnostics results for "Function" and "Security" by mail
We recommend every update for reasons of security as well. Further improvements to increase security with this version of FRITZ!OS are presented at http://en.avm.de/guide/security in the area "Updates increase security".
New in FRITZ!OS 6.30
- NEW Wizard for adopting telephone numbers when switching from landline to an IP-based line for Telekom and Vodafone
- NEW Multiple telephone numbers can be added at one time for Telekom and Vodafone
New FRITZ!OS 6.30 for interoperability, convenience and security
This version of FRITZ!OS includes modifications to better support the latest services offered by Internet providers, especially for switching to IP-based lines, and improved interoperability on the DSL line.
The new FRITZ!OS makes it even easier to start off in the world of IP-based telephony on new Telekom and Vodafone connections. If the FRITZ!Box was previously used on a classic landline, a new wizard makes it possible to take all of your landline telephone numbers with you to the world of IP-based telephony.
The step to IP-based telephony is also much simpler for new customers. Using the wizard for setting up new telephone numbers up to 10 telephone numbers can be created at once. This benefits not only Telekom and Vodafone customers, but also any users of "other providers" who use a single password for all of their telephone numbers.
Vodafone customers can enjoy an extra improvement with the new FRITZ!OS. It is now even easier to reconfigure the Vodafone account data entered during the first installation of the FRITZ!Box for a new DSL/VDSL line.
Additional improvements to the DSL software provide for improved stability and faster transmission over various connections. The DSL diagnostics data have also been expanded for error analysis, so that future optimizations can be analyzed in even greater detail.
Improvements and Bug Fixes in FRITZ!OS 6.30
- Improvement interoperability for VDSL
- Improvement expanded DSL diagnostics options
- Improvement for G.Vector and diagnostics
- Improvement faster web page access on busy lines
- Improvement VPN interoperability to external remote stations
- Improvement simpler configuration on Vodafone lines
- Improvement first configuration for Vodafone even when DSL cable not connected
- Improvement fist configuration with 1&1 start code supported even before switching date
- fixed problems connecting to some VPN servers
- Improvement multiple telephone numbers with the same password can be added at the same time for "other providers"
- Bug fix no login by other users possible after sharing a folder
- Improvement prevents creation of new call diversions to premium telephone numbers
- Improvement password evaluation when setting the FRITZ!Box password during first configuration
- Improvement MyFRITZ! configuration with stricter password guidelines
Further improvements to increase security with this version of FRITZ!OS are presented at en.avm.de/guide/security in the "Updates increase security" area. Access to the FRITZ!Box via Telnet is no longer supported
New with FRITZ!OS 6.20:
- DSL see how long no signal was received on the DSL information page
- DSL VDSL Interop improvements
- DSL improved stability for G.Vector
DSL improved DSL Diagnosis
- Home net: display of MIMO standard in the detailed information about powerline devices
- Home net: use of fixed IP addresses via DHCP server improved
Home net: change parental controls profile in the detailed settings for every network device
- Internet VPN connection to Android devices no longer disconnected after one hour
- Internet online counter now able to display higher bandwidths
- Internet when activating MyFRITZ! a random port for https will be selected
- Internet fixes a possibility to circumvent parental controls via guest access
- Internet added Diffie Hellmann Group 5, 14 and 15 for VPN
- Internet TR-069 connection request port is now closed once TR-069 has been deactivated
- Internet improved accessibility in IP client mode
- Internet added possiblity to use public IPv4 subnet
- Internet support for LTE USB dongles
- Internet support for more 3G dongles with USB tethering
Internet BPjM filter only active when country is set to Germany
- Media server: support for Google "all inclusive" music added
Media server: support for Google Play Music Playlists
- NAS: improved speed when displaying folder content and preview images
- NAS: HTML player for photos, audio and video added
- NAS: added a filter function to the search
- NAS: search using metadata (date, size, last change)
- NAS: upload multiple files via Drag&Drop
- NAS: rename multiple files at the same time
- NAS: separate icon for shared files and folders
NAS: optimized display of NAS pages on mobile devices
- Security enhanced security area in wireless LAN settings
- Security assistance in choosing safe passwords
- Security push mails are now sent using SSL encryption by default
Security import and export the SSL certificate used by your FRITZ!Box
- Smart Home use FRITZ!DECT Repeaters as temperature sensors
- Smart Home display the current temperature in FRITZ!Box GUI and MyFRITZ!App
- Smart Home configure push mail to inform you whenever FRITZ!DECT 200 is switched on or off
- Smart Home send a push mail when the connection to FRITZ!DECT 200 is lost
Smart Home select individual power consumption value to enable standby
- System notification for important FRITZ!OS updates
- System crashes when using the new push services fixed
- System enables password to be set for the saved settings before an update
- System new FRITZ!OS Updates can be installed automatically (default setting)*
- System several improvements for the update process
System improved scheduled switching for tablets and smartphones.
- Telephony forced speed dial for phonebook entries fixed
- Telephony prefix "**8" is displayed when using Vanity Codes
- Telephony plausibility test for the entry of landline numbers fixed
- Telephony sporadic reboots when using IP telephones fixed
- Telephony improved voice quality in case of parallel data transfer (wireless LAN<->LAN)
- Telephony/DECT: for mail reception, encrypted transmission via port 995 is always tried first
- Telephony/DECT: improved functionality for Gigaset handsets
- Telephony/DECT: ability to set and delete custom ringtones for online contacts
- Telephony/DECT: display of current temperature on FRITZ!DECT handsets
- Telephony/DECT: support for more audio codecs for FRITZ!DECT handsets (FLAC & OggVorbis)
- Telephony/DECT: improved playback of web radio on FRITZ!DECT handsets
- Telephony/DECT: improved sound quality for web radio/podcast/media player
- Telephony/DECT: improved update of RSS feeds
- Telephony/DECT: FRITZ!Fon C4 - improved automatic brightness adjustment*
- Telephony/DECT: support for the new call list with voice messages*
Telephony/DECT: permanent signaling of e-mail on the handset fixed
- USB: improved stability when disconnecting USB devices
- USB: improved detection of 3G sticks
USB: improved detection of some USB storage devices
- WLAN: Wireless LAN auto channel can be updated over the user interface
- WLAN: initial setup extended for wireless LAN information and setup
- WLAN: list of access points in the wireless environment sorted by signal strength
- WLAN: WPS for the wireless LAN guest access / private hotspot can be started via FRITZ!Box user interface
- WLAN: detailed information about connected wireless devices (Rx/Tx data rate, RSSI value, wireless standard etc.)
- WLAN: option for allowing wireless LAN auto channel only on channels without DFS (no impact of RADAR)
- WLAN: faster activation of changed wireless LAN settings
- WLAN: improved display of the wireless guest access on the main page of the user interface
- WLAN: ready for HotSpot 2.0/Passpoint (can only be activated by provider)
- WLAN: improved printer view
- WLAN: direct link to the wireless guest access on the main page
- WLAN: MAC address filter moved to WLAN/Security
- WLAN: connection by QR code enabled for main AP
*Update of the FRITZ!Fon handset to at least version 3.29 required
Notice: When updating from a version older than 06.10-28194 the SSL certificate of FRITZ!Box will change. If you are using an app or a program that uses the certificate, there might an error message.
- FRITZ!Box can periodically search for a new FRITZ!OS version and automatically update (usually at night); you can change the default setting at System/Update.
Important: during the update of FRITZ!OS, services like telephony and IPTV will be disconnected temporarily.
New with FRITZ!OS 6.04
- GUI: added Polish language to user interface and handsets
New with FRITZ!OS 6.03:
- Security: removes possibility for unauthorized access to FRITZ!Box.
To carry out the firmware update:
1) Open your Internet browser and enter the address "fritz.box" or "192.168.178.1" 2) Select the "System" menu and then the "Firmware Update" sub-menu. 3) Use the "Browse ..." button to enter the appropriate path to the update file. 4) Click the "Update" button.
To recover the storage space on your hard drive, you can delete the update file after performing the update.
? AVM GmbH 2017. All rights reserved.
This firmware package consists of files which are distributed under different license terms, in particular under AVM proprietary license or under any Open Source License (namely GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General Public License or FreeBSD License). For further details see file "license.txt" (https://download.avm.de/fritzbox/license.txt). The source code of those files distributed as Open Source are available on written request to email@example.com.
Under all AVM intellectual property rights, AVM grants the non-exclusive right to personally use this AVM firmware package which is delivered in object code format only. Licensee shall olny be entitled to make a copy exclusively reserved for personal backup purposes (backup copy). AVM reserves all intellectual property rights except as expressly granted herein. Without the prior written approval of AVM and except to the extent as may be expressly authorised under mandatory law, this AVM firmware package in particular
- shall not be copied, distributed or otherwise made publicly available
- shall not be modified, disassembled, reverse engineered, decompiled or otherwise "be opened" in whole or in part, and insofar shall not be copied, distributed or otherwise made publicly available.