FRITZ!WLAN Stick AC 860 Service - Knowledge Base
Computer freezes when installing or using the FRITZ!WLAN Stick
Your computer freezes when installing the driver software or while using the FRITZ!WLAN Stick, and it no longer responds.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Installing the latest driver for the FRITZ!WLAN Stick
- Install the latest driver for the FRITZ!WLAN Stick.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!WLAN Stick without a USB hub
The following step is only necessary if you connected the FRITZ!WLAN Stick to a USB hub instead of connecting it directly to the USB port on your computer:
Note:The FRITZ!WLAN Stick can be used with many USB hubs that support at least USB 2.0. However, AVM cannot guarantee that USB hubs will work properly.
- Remove the USB hub from the computer for testing purposes.
- Connect the FRITZ!WLAN Stick directly to the USB port on your computer.
3 Installing the latest chipset drivers for your mainboard
- On the computer, install the latest drivers for the mainboard's chipset (the chipset is a part of the mainboard that computer components are attached or connected to).
Note:You can find the latest drivers in the download area on the mainboard or chipset manufacturer's website.
4 Testing on a different computer
- Install the FRITZ!WLAN Stick on a different computer and check whether the same error also occurs with that computer.
- If the error does not occur with the other computer, consult the manufacturer of the first computer. This is not an error on the part of the FRITZ!WLAN Stick.