FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1160 Service - Knowledge Base
Attempt to set up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box fails
Although the wireless connection was configured according to our guide, the signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater flash continuously and the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater does not establish a connection to FRITZ!Box.
Important:If the wireless router you are using is not a FRITZ!Box, follow the instructions in this guide.
1 Disabling keylock for the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Keylock" tab.
- Disable the keylock.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Enabling the WPS function of the FRITZ!Box
To connect the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with your wireless router at the touch of a button (WPS - Wi-Fi Protected Setup), you must enable the wireless router's WPS function and use the correct WPS method:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Click on the "WPS Quick Connection" tab.
- Enable WPS.
- Select "Push-Button method (WPS-PBC, Push Button Configuration)" and click "Start WPS".
3 Briefly disabling the MAC address filter
If you want to manually connect the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with the wireless router, the wireless router's MAC address filter must be disabled while registering the repeater:
4 Enabling the FRITZ!Box's 2.4 GHz frequency band
To use WPS to register the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with a FRITZ!Box that can simultaneously use the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands, you must enable the FRITZ!Box's 2.4 GHz frequency band for registration: