FRITZ!Powerline 546E – Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!Box 3390
- FRITZ!Box 3370
- FRITZ!Box 3272
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310
Push service mails cannot be sent
FRITZ!Powerline cannot send push service mails with status, connection and usage data.
One of the following error messages is displayed in the event log of FRITZ!Powerline:
- "E-mail delivery failed: SMTP server reports [...]"
- "E-mail delivery failed: TCP error"
- "Sending of an e-mail message failed. Reason: authentication error."
- "Sending of an e-mail message failed. Reason: TCP error."
- The SMTP server you entered in FRITZ!Powerline for your e-mail provider does not respond to the connection request sent by FRITZ!Powerline (for example due to incorrect account information or because your e-mail provider may be experiencing technical difficulties).
1 Adjusting your Google account settings
The following steps are only necessary if you are using an e-mail account from Google for the push service:
2 Entering e-mail account information
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Click "Push Service" in the "System" menu.
- Click the "Configure Push Service" button, if present. If it is not displayed, click the "Sender" tab.
- Enter your e-mail address and password.
- Click "Account Information - Additional Settings".
- The following values are entered automatically if you select a preconfigured provider as your e-mail provider.
- Enter the user name for the e-mail account in the "E-mail user name" field.
- Enter the SMTP server in the "SMTP server" field.
- Enter the port used by the server to communicate (for example 587 if the server does not use port 25) in the "Port" field.
Important:Your e-mail provider can tell you what to enter for the SMTP server.
- Enable the option "This server supports a secure connection (SSL)" if the server supports it.
- Click the "Next" button.
- A test e-mail is sent to the e-mail address you entered.
3 Contacting your provider
- Contact your e-mail provider.