FRITZ!Powerline 546E – Service - Knowledge Base
Cannot turn wireless LAN on or off by button
After updating FRITZ!OS, you can no longer press the button on the FRITZ!Powerline adapter to manually turn the wireless network (WiFi) and the powerline network on or off. When you press the corresponding button, the wireless function is not enabled or disabled.
- The option to turn them on or off by button was removed from FRITZ!OS 6.30. However, you can set up a schedule to turn the wireless function on or off automatically, or you can do so manually with the user interface.
Switching the wireless function automatically
The schedule function allows you to automatically turn the wireless network on and off at certain times:
- Set up a wireless LAN schedule in FRITZ!Powerline.
Switching the wireless function manually
You can use the user interface to turn the wireless network on and off manually:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable or disable the option "Wireless radio network enabled".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.