FRITZ!Powerline 546E – Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up a schedule for FRITZ!Powerline's wireless network
The schedule function allows you to automatically switch FRITZ!Powerline's wireless network (WiFi) on and off at certain times. This way you can disable the wireless network at night and thus reduce the adapter's power consumption, for example. If you are using a FRITZ!Box as a wireless router, you can have FRITZ!Powerline adopt the corresponding settings. The settings are applied regardless of whether you turned the wireless network on or off manually beforehand. You can enable the wireless network at any time using the adapter's user interface.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for FRITZ!Powerline.
1 Setting up a wireless LAN schedule
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Click "Schedule" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "Use schedule for wireless radio network".
- Enable the option "Adopt scheduling settings from the FRITZ!Box" if the times for the FRITZ!Box should also be valid for FRITZ!Powerline.
- If other times should be valid for FRITZ!Powerline, set different times for FRITZ!Powerline.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.