FRITZ!Powerline 540E – Service - Knowledge Base
Connecting FRITZ!Powerline with the home network via powerline
Connect FRITZ!Powerline to your home network via powerline to easily and efficiently expand it with several powerline adapters. The powerline adapters are connected via your home's power mains and you do not have to lay network cables. Alternatively, you can use FRITZ!Powerline as a LAN or wireless LAN bridge.
If you bought the FRITZ!Powerline adapters in a set, they are already connected with each other and the operating mode "powerline bridge" is preconfigured. If you bought the FRITZ!Powerline adapters individually or now just want to add an additional adapter to your powerline network, you must connect the adapters with each other first.
Fig.: Connection scenario for powerline bridge mode
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for FRITZ!Powerline.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Powerline factory settings
If you just purchased FRITZ!Powerline and have not changed any settings yet, it is not necessary to load the factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Powerline's factory settings.
2 Connecting FRITZ!Powerline with the router
- Connect a FRITZ!Powerline adapters without wireless capabilities to a LAN port on the router.
- Connect the FRITZ!Powerline adapters.
3 Integrating FRITZ!Powerline into the Mesh
- Briefly push the connect button on your FRITZ!Powerline (for about 1 second). All of the LEDs start to flash after you release the connect button.
FRITZ!Powerline model Connect button FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Connect FRITZ!Powerline 1240E WLAN - WPS
Powerline - Security
FRITZ!Powerline 546E WLAN · WPS FRITZ!Powerline 540E
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the connect button on the FRITZ!Box until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 7580, 4040, 3490 WPS Info FRITZ!Box 7560, 7362 SL WLAN Info FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 6490, 5491 WLAN WPS Info FRITZ!Box 6591, 6590 Connect / WPS Info
- The process is complete as soon as FRITZ!Powerline is marked with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview of the FRITZ!Box.
4 Disabling the adoption of settings in FRITZ!Powerline
If you want to configure your own wireless settings in the FRITZ!Powerline adapter, you can also disable the adoption of settings:
The wireless radio network of a FRITZ!Powerline adapter that supplies a child's room with wireless LAN should be switched off automatically at particular times. The wireless radio networks of the Mesh Master and the other Mesh Repeaters should still remain available at those times.
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Disable the option "Automatically adopt wireless LAN settings".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now you can configure your own wireless settings in the FRITZ!Powerline adapter.