FRITZ!Powerline 510E – Service - Knowledge Base
Assigning names to FRITZ!Powerline adapters
You can individually name each FRITZ!Powerline adapter in your network (for example "living room", "FRITZ!Box"). This way you can keep track of your adapters if you are using multiple adapters, and you can specifically access a particular adapter.
- Download the latest FRITZ!Powerline software and install it.
2 Naming a FRITZ!Powerline adapter
- Run the FRITZ!Powerline software.
- Double-click the image of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter whose name you wish to change.
- The "Device Profile" window opens.
- Enter a name of your choice in the "Name" field.
- Click "OK" to save your settings.
Now the adapter is displayed in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface with the name you assigned it (see fig.).
Fig.: Adapters in the powerline network