FRITZ!Powerline 500E – Service - Base de connaissances
Powerline connection cannot be established
The powerline connection between FRITZ!Powerline adapters cannot be established and no data is transmitted.
1 Avoiding external sources of interference
Often external factors that disrupt the powerline communication over your house's electrical wiring are the cause of problems when establishing powerline connections. The following tips provide advice on how to eliminate such sources of interference:
- Do not ever use FRITZ!Powerline adapters behind a device (for example a power strip) with surge protection.
- If possible, only plug the FRITZ!Powerline adapters directly into wall outlets instead of using extension cords or power strips.
- Plug the FRITZ!Powerline adapters into different wall outlets to test their performance.
- Avoid powerline connections on different phases, fuse boxes, and ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI).
- For testing purposes, unplug other appliances in order to identify and eliminate possible sources of interference.
Examples of common sources of interference are switched-mode power supplies, dimmers and halogen systems, refrigerators and freezers, dryers and washing machines, or electric pumps in use.
- Lay cables that carry VDSL signals at least 10 cm away from electrical wiring and outlets.
- Reduce the distance between the adapters.