FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Service - Knowledge Base
Configuring FRITZ!Powerline as a powerline bridge
In the powerline bridge mode, FRITZ!Powerline enables you to access your home network and internet, even outside the wireless range (WiFi) of your router (for example a FRITZ!Box), or when the router itself does not have wireless LAN capabilities. In addition, you can connect media receivers, game consoles, or other network devices without wireless capabilities to FRITZ!Powerline via a network cable.
Since FRITZ!Powerline and the router are connected via your home's power mains, you do not need to connect both devices with a cable.
Fig.: Connection scenario for powerline bridge mode
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for FRITZ!Powerline.
- Another powerline adapter is already connected to the router via a network cable.
1 Connecting FRITZ!Powerline adapters
2 Configuring powerline bridge mode in FRITZ!Powerline
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Click the "Change type of connection" button in the "Access to Home Network" menu.
- Enable the option "Powerline bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings FRITZ!Powerline should use and click "Next".
- Accept the preset wireless settings of the FRITZ! powerline adapter or define individual wireless settings and click "Next".
Important:To ensure optimal security, the password should be at least 20 characters long and contain capital and lower-case letters (but not letters such as ä, ë, ö, ü, é, í), digits, and other characters.
Note:If FRITZ!Powerline and the wireless router use identical wireless settings, wireless devices automatically connect to the wireless network with the strongest signal wireless roaming).
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
3 Connecting the device with FRITZ!Powerline
You can connect game consoles, computers, smartphones, or other devices to FRITZ!Powerline using a network cable or wireless LAN:
Connecting a device to FRITZ!Powerline using a network cable
- Use a network cable to connect the device to the LAN port on FRITZ!Powerline.
Connecting the device with FRITZ!Powerline via wireless LAN
- Set up the wireless connection to FRITZ!Powerline.