FRITZ!Fon M2 – Service - Knowledge Base
Enabling DECT Eco in the FRITZ!Box
With DECT Eco, the DECT field is completely switched off as soon as all of the cordless telephones are in standby mode. When this happens, the connection to the cordless telephones is maintained. If a call comes in for a cordless telephone, the call is indicated on the telephone and can be picked up on it.
Requirements / Restrictions
- DECT Eco is not available when a radiator control (for example FRITZ!DECT 301) an outlet switch (for example FRITZ!DECT 200), a FRITZ!DECT Repeater, or a FRITZ!Box in DECT repeater mode is registered with the FRITZ!Box.
- All of the registered cordless telephones must support DECT Eco. In addition to the FRITZ!Fon, some other telephones from other manufacturers also support this function. To find out whether your telephones support DECT Eco, see the "DECT > DECT Monitor" menu in the FRITZ!Box user interface. However, AVM cannot guarantee that DECT Eco will function with telephones from other manufacturers.
1 Enabling DECT Eco
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Base Station" in the "DECT" menu.
- Enable the option "DECT Eco" in the "Radio Field Strength" section and define when "DECT Eco" should be enabled.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Note:If the option "DECT Eco" enabled, the time it takes to establish a connection may be slightly increased.
2 Re-registering all telephones
Use the menu to re-register the telephones and not the wizard for telephony devices so that all settings remain intact:
- Re-register all of the cordless telephones. It is not necessary to deregister them first.
Now the the DECT fields of the base station and the cordless telephones are completely turned off as soon as the last call has been completed and there is no further user activity. FRITZ!Fon then displays the word "eco" above the signal strength bars. The base station "wakes up" from standby mode if a call comes in or a user pushes a button on the base station or a telephone.