FRITZ!Box 7430 – Service - Knowledge Base
Answering machine does not react
The FRITZ!Box's answering machine does not react to calls. Callers do not hear a greeting and cannot leave a message.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Reducing answer delay or reconfiguring the answering machine
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the "Edit" button for the respective answering machine.
- Select "20 seconds" from the drop-down list "Accept call after".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
- If the answering machine does not react now, then it is not correctly configured:
- Click the (Delete) button for the respective answering machine in the "Telephony Devices" menu.
- Reconfigure the answering machine.
- If the answering machine reacts now, it means that your telephony provider does not continuously signal calls. These interruptions in signaling are usually not noticeable because telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box ring continuously. However, for the answering machine it appears as if the call were terminated before the 20 seconds elapse. This is not an error on the part of the FRITZ!Box.
Note:Now you can gradually increase the time. Our research has shown that it is normally possible to configure a delay of 35 seconds since the respective provider does not signal the call again until the 35 seconds have elapsed.
The FRITZ!Box's call list shows you whether calls are signaled more than once. In this case, there will be more than one entry for a call.