FRITZ!Box 7390 – Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Box or power supply unit gets noticeably warm
The housing or the power supply unit of the FRITZ!Box gets noticeably warm during use.
1 Heat generation is a normal process
Despite the energy-efficient operation of the FRITZ!Box, it is normal for the FRITZ!Box to heat up with increasing workload (for example due to intensive data exchange over wireless LAN, LAN or USB). In order to ensure optimal ventilation when the FRITZ!Box is working at high capacity, it must be mounted on a wall. When the FRITZ!Box is working at normal capacity, it can be operated horizontally.
Information on improving heat dissipation
- Make sure that the ventilation slits are unobstructed. Do not place the FRITZ!Box on a carpet or on upholstered furniture.
- Do not place the FRITZ!Box on overly heat-sensitive surfaces.
- Do not expose the FRITZ!Box or the power supply unit to direct sunlight.
- Do not place the FRITZ!Box inside a closed cabinet or casing.
- Do not position the FRITZ!Box directly next to devices that also produce heat.