FRITZ!Box 7390 – Service - Knowledge Base
Callers hear a busy signal instead of a ringing tone when a call is already being conducted via FRITZ!Box
Callers hear a busy signal instead of a ringing tone when a telephone call is already being conducted using the FRITZ!Box.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective telephone.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" or "Properties" tab.
- Disable the option "Call rejection on busy (busy on busy)".
- Enable the "Call waiting" option. If you are using ISDN telephones, you must enable the option directly in the telephone. Refer to the device's manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
If the same telephone number is used to conduct both of the calls, then it must be possible to use the telephone number for two connections at the same time. This is usually the case for Internet numbers, but never possible on analog landlines. If callers still hear a busy signal, then this telephone number can only be used for one connection. This is why your telephony provider gives the caller a "busy" signal.