FRITZ!Box 7369 – Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up an internal call group (group call) in the FRITZ!Box
In contrast to a broadcast call that causes all telephones to ring, the group call allows you to call specific telephones that are configured in the FRITZ!Box. You then conduct the call with the party who picks up the telephone first.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Book" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Switch to the first telephone book.
- Click the "New Entry" button.
- Give the telephone book entry a name, for example "group call".
- For the telephone number, enter the internal numbers of the telephones that should react to the group call. Start the entry with ** and separate the numbers with #.
If you want the telephone connected to extension 1, the first DECT telephone you configured, and the first IP telephone to ring, enter the number **1#610#620.
Note:You can find the internal numbers of the telephones in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers".
- Make note of the quick-dial number that was automatically assigned to the telephone book entry.
Note:You can also assign a different quick-dial number. The quick-dial number must consist of two digits and cannot be used in the telephone book yet.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Now you can use the quick-dial number to place a call to the group that you configured.