FRITZ!Box 7360 – Service - Knowledge Base
Using an Internet radio receiver in the FRITZ!Box home network
You can easily connect your Internet radio receiver (for example a wireless radio, sound system equipped with a network port) to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network (WiFi). If the Internet radio has a network port, you can also connect it to a LAN port on your FRITZ!Box. The Internet radio can then access the Internet and play music from media servers in the home network.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
The FRITZ!Box is configured as a DHCP server in the factory settings. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, configure the following settings:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Setting up the Internet radio
The Internet radio needs specific IP settings in order to communicate with the FRITZ!Box and other devices:
- Configure the Internet radio to automatically obtain IP settings (DHCP client). Refer to the manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
3 Connecting an Internet radio to a FRITZ!Box
- Either use a network cable or wireless LAN to connect the Internet radio to the FRITZ!Box.
Now the Internet radio is connected to the Internet via the FRITZ!Box. It can play music from the FRITZ!Box media server and other media servers in the home network (for example computers with the Windows Media Player).
Note:Refer to the manufacturer for further information on how to set up the web radio.