FRITZ!Box 7360 – Service - Knowledge Base
Listening to web radio with FRITZ!Fon
With your FRITZ!Fon you can listen to radio broadcasts from radio stations all over the world over Internet.
Requirements / Restrictions
- No DECT repeaters from other manufacturers are registered with the FRITZ!Box.
- The web radio station must be saved in the playlist format "pls" or "m3u" and point to an mp3 stream. Other formats cannot be played.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Enabling encryption
DECT encryption must be enabled in order to use the convenience functions offered by your FRITZ!Fon:
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Base Station" in the "DECT" menu.
- Enable the option "Permit only secure DECT connections (recommended)" in the "Security" section.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
- If the option was disabled, you must then restart the FRITZ!Box once using the user interface ("System > Backup > Restart").
2 Setting up web radio stations
A number of web radio stations are already preset in the FRITZ!Box. You can easily add additional stations:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Media Server" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Web Radio" tab.
- From the drop-down list, either select a preconfigured station or select the entry "Other web radio station..." if the desired station is not included in the list.
Note:If you select a preconfigured station, it is then automatically configured. Click the "Edit" button after the entry if you would like to change the following settings later.
- Enter a name for the web radio station in the "Name" field.
- Enter the address of the web radio station in the "Web address" field.
Note:Links to many web radio stations can be found at www.shoutcast.com, for example. You can copy the addresses of the web radio stations and use the context menu to paste them into the corresponding field.
- If several FRITZ!Fons are registered with the FRITZ!Box, also select the telephones you would like to make the web radio station available on.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Listening to web radio
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Internet services" and press "OK".
- "Internet radio" > "OK"
- Select a radio station and then press "OK".