FRITZ!Box 7360 – Service - Knowledge Base
Updating FRITZ!OS manually
The Online Update function allows you to install the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box quickly and easily. However, in some cases you cannot use the online update function, for instance when the FRITZ!Box is not connected to the internet. In this case you can update it manually.
1 Downloading the FRITZ!OS file
First, download the FRITZ!OS file. If you cannot connect to the internet with your own FRITZ!Box, then you can download the file at your neighbor's or in an internet café, for example:
- Call up ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritzbox/ in your web browser.
- Switch to the folder "fritzbox-7360-v1" or "fritzbox-7360-v2", then to the subfolder "other", and then to the folder "fritz.os".
Important:You can find the version number in the user interface of your FRITZ!Box under "System > Update" on the "FRITZ!OS File" tab. If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first. The number for v1 begins with 111., and the number for v2 begins with 124.
- Download the file with the extension ".image" to the computer.
2 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Update" or "Firmware Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!OS File" or "Firmware File" tab. If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Save Settings".
Note:Save your FRITZ!Box settings again under "System > Backup" right after successfully completing the installation. Then you can always restore it to a working configuration.
- Click the "Browse..." or "Choose File" button.
- Select the FRITZ!OS file that you downloaded (image file).
- Click the "Start Update" button.
Now the latest FRITZ!OS is installed. If you enable the option "Notify me about new versions of FRITZ!OS and install new versions automatically" under "System > Update > Auto-Update" in the user interface, then future updates will be installed automatically.