FRITZ!Box 7340 – Service - Knowledge Base
Function of dialing rules and how to configure them
If you configured more than one telephone number in the FRITZ!Box, you can use dialing rules to automatically make calls using the most economical telephone rate.
A dialing rule defines which telephone number the FRITZ!Box uses for outgoing calls to a certain number range (for example to mobile telephone numbers) or to a certain number.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Provider prefixes (dial around services) cannot be configured for Internet telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box.
1 Function of dialing rules
You can create dialing rules for individual numbers as well as number ranges, and use them to define how the connection is established. For example, you can define that
- calls to certain number ranges (for example 001) are always made over your landline
- a cheaper dial around number is always used to make calls to a certain number range (for example 001)
- calls to a certain number are always made over the Internet.
2 Configuring dialing rules
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Dialing Rules" tab.
- Click the "New Dialing Rule" button.
- Enter a telephone number or number range in the "Telephone number" field.
Enter 00 if the dialing rule is to apply for all international calls.
- In the drop-down list "Connect via", select the telephone number to be used to make these calls.
- The FRITZ!Box uses the first Internet telephone number set up under "Telephony > Telephone Numbers".
- "Landline network"
- If the Internet telephone number that would normally be used is identical to the landline number, then the FRITZ!Box automatically uses the identical landline number. This is the only landline number that can be transmitted.
- If you do not have an identical landline number, then the FRITZ!Box uses the landline number under "Telephony > Telephone Numbers" that has the same preselection number as the Internet telephone number that would normally be used.
Normally the telephony device uses the Internet telephone number "54321" as the number for outgoing calls. The Internet telephone number "54321" is the second telephone number listed under "Telephony > Telephone Numbers" and was assigned the preselection number *122#. To use the landline number "45678" as the number for outgoing calls, it must be the second landline number listed and have the preselection number *112#.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.