FRITZ!Box 7330 – Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up call diversion in the FRITZ!Box
Call diversion allows you to automatically divert all or selected calls to another line, a particular telephone, or an answering machine. Calls are either diverted by the FRITZ!Box, or they are forwarded through your telephony provider's exchange.
For example, you can define that all calls to a particular number are forwarded to a different line, or you can have all calls forwarded to a different line if your line is busy.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Calls to a mobile telephone number configured in the FRITZ!Box cannot be diverted.
- For security reasons, you cannot set up call diversions to premium-rate numbers.
- With some types of call diversion, calls from "important persons" from your telephone book are forwarded as a parallel call. For example, if all calls are diverted immediately, then telephones still ring when these callers call.
- Internal calls cannot be diverted.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Setting up call diversion
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Call Diversion" tab.
- Click the "New Call Diversion" button.
- Define which calls are diverted:
Which calls should be diverted? Setting All calls to a particular telephone number
- Enable "Calls to a telephone number / telephone" and select the telephone number.
All calls to a telephone connected to an analog extension of the FRITZ!Box
- Enable "Calls to a telephone number / telephone" and select the telephone.
All calls from a particular person
- Enable "Calls by a person in the telephone book" and select a telephone book entry. All of the entries in the telephone book you selected under "Telephony > Telephone Book" are displayed.
All calls from a particular telephone number or number range
- Enable "Calls from the telephone number" and enter a telephone number or number range, for example 0301234.
All calls from callers who do not transmit their caller ID (anonymous calls)
- Enable "All calls without a telephone number to".
- Define where the calls should be diverted to:
Important:Configure the answering machine accordingly if you want to divert anonymous calls to one of the FRITZ!Box's internal answering machines.
Divert to where? Setting To one of the the FRITZ!Box's internal answering machines
- Enable the option "Divert calls to internal answering machine" and select an answering machine.
To an external telephone number (for example a different line, a mobile telephone)
- Enable the option "Destination telephone number" and enter the destination telephone number.
To a connected telephone or answering machine
- Enable the option "Destination telephone number" and enter the internal number of the device without asterisks. You can find the internal numbers under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers". It is not possible to divert calls to more than one device.
- If you can choose between different settings in the drop-down list "Type of call diversion", for example immediately, when busy, or parallel call, select one. However, some call diversion do not allow you to select a type.
Note:You can find further information on the different settings in the FRITZ!Box's online help, which you can access by clicking the "Help" icon .
- Click "OK" to save the settings.