FRITZ!Box 7330 – Service - Knowledge Base
Transferring settings from one FRITZ!Box to another
If you switch to a different FRITZ!Box, you do not have to configure all of your settings again; instead, you can quickly and easily transfer the settings saved with your old FRITZ!Box to the new FRITZ!Box. To import the settings, you simply use the restore functions in the FRITZ!Box user interface. You can choose to either import all or only certain settings into your new FRITZ!Box, for example the wireless settings and telephone books.
1 Importing settings
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restore" tab.
- Enable the option "From this FRITZ!Box or another FRITZ!Box of the same model" if you want to apply all of the settings from a backup file.
Note:You can only apply all of the settings if the same model FRITZ!Box was used to create the backup file, for example if you want to apply the settings from a FRITZ!Box 7490 to a different FRITZ!Box 7490.
- If you only want to apply particular settings, enable the option "From a different FRITZ!Box model".
- Enter the password you entered when saving the file.
- Click "Choose File" and select the file "FRITZ.Box[...].export" that contains the FRITZ!Box settings.
- Enable the settings you would like to restore.
- Click the "Restore" button.