FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE – Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up MyFRITZ!App 2 for Android
With MyFRITZ!App 2 for Android you have easy and secure access to your FRITZ!Box and your home network at home or on the go.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Android 4.0 or later is installed on the smartphone or tablet.
- The "home network connection" (VPN) function can only be used if the FRITZ!Box obtains a public IPv4 address from the internet service provider.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box to allow applications to access it
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box is configured to allow applications to access it. If you changed the FRITZ!Box's settings, configure it so that it will once again allow applications to access it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Allow access for applications" in the "Access Settings in the Home Network" section. If the section is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Installing MyFRITZ!App
- Download MyFRITZ!App 2 from the Google Play Store and install the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Start MyFRITZ!App 2.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box password. If you enabled login with FRITZ!Box user name and password, enter the user name and password.
- Tap the "Save" button to complete the configuration.