FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE – Service - Knowledge Base
Wireless network switches itself on and/or off
The FRITZ!Box's wireless network (WiFi) switches itself on and/or off.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Checking the event log of the FRITZ!Box
The wireless network may be switched on or off accidentally because the "WLAN" button on the FRITZ!Box is pressed, for example by children or pets. Therefore, check the FRITZ!Box event log for events that occurred when the wireless network switched itself on or off:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Event Log" in the "System" menu.
- Check whether the message "Wireless LAN was enabled using the 'WLAN' button" or "Wireless LAN was disabled using the 'WLAN' button" is displayed.
- If this message is not displayed, proceed with the following section.
- If the message is displayed, enable keylock in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "System > Buttons and LEDs > Keylock" to prevent the wireless network from being switched on or off when a button is pressed.
2 Disabling the schedule for the wireless network
A schedule for the wireless network may have been configured. If you do not want the schedule to switch the wireless network on and off, disable it:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Schedule" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Disable the option "Use schedule for wireless radio network".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.