FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Exporting smartphone contacts to a FRITZ!Box telephone book
You can use FRITZ!App Fon to export entries saved in the People app on your smartphone to a FRITZ!Box telephone book.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The People app may contain up to 300 entries.
Setting up FRITZ!App Fon
- Set up FRITZ!App Fon.
Granting access to contacts in iOS
For FRITZ!App Fon to access the contacts on your iOS device under iOS, you must grant FRITZ!App Fon access to your contacts:
- Open the iOS settings.
- Tap "Privacy" and then "Contacts".
- Grant FRITZ!App Fon access to the contacts.
Selecting contacts to be exported in Android
Your Android device's People app allows you to customize your views, for example "Contacts to display", and lists. There you can define which contact groups will be displayed. Whether all of the contacts or only certain ones are exported depends on how the People app is configured. Refer to the device's manufacturer for information on how to set up the People app, for example consult the manual.
2 Exporting contacts with FRITZ!App Fon
- Start FRITZ!App Fon.
- Tap "More" and then "Export contacts". This automatically generates an email including an attached XML file with the contacts.
- When you receive the email, save the attached file to your computer.
3 Importing contacts into the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Book" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the "Switch telephone books" link.
- From the list, select the telephone book you want to import the contacts to. If you do not want to overwrite one of the telephone books from the list, create a new telephone book first.
- Click the "Restore" button. All of the existing telephone book entries are overwritten when the telephone book is restored.
- Select the file (*.XML) with the contacts.
- Click the "Restore Telephone Book" button.