FRITZ!Box 6430 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
"Info" LED flashes
The "Info" LED on your FRITZ!Box indicates various operation statuses. If the "Info" LED flashes red, it means that there is a FRITZ!Box error. If the "Info" LED flashes green, this indicates different events, for example receipt of a new message or a missed call. In this guide we describe the various causes and how to stop the flashing.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Follow the instructions in the section that describes the error you observed.
1 "Info" LED flashes green after connecting FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick
The "Info" LED flashes continuously if you connect the FRITZ!WLAN Stick to your FRITZ!Box to transmit the wireless security settings using Stick & Surf, but Stick & Surf is not enabled in the FRITZ!Box. Proceed as follows to stop the flashing, and successfully transmit the wireless settings:
Stopping the flashing
- Remove the FRITZ!WLAN Stick from the FRITZ!Box USB port.
- The “Info” LED stops flashing.
Enabling Stick & Surf
Use a computer connected to the FRITZ!Box to enable Stick & Surf in the FRITZ!Box user interface so you can use Stick & Surf again:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "Enable AVM Stick & Surf" in the "Additional Security Settings" section.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now you can reconnect your FRITZ!WLAN Stick to the FRITZ!Box. As long as the "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box flashes, the wireless network security settings are still being transmitted to the FRITZ!WLAN Stick. Once they have been successfully transmitted, the "Info" LED remains lit; you can remove the FRITZ!WLAN Stick and connect it to your computer.
2 Info LED flashing green
The FRITZ!Box user interface offers you a choice of events that can cause the "Info" LED to flash.
Checking which event is configured for the "Info" LED
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Check which event was defined for the "Info" LED.
Stopping the flashing
If the event "Missed call: LED flashes" was selected:
- Press the call key (lift the receiver) on a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box.
Important:You cannot use an IP telephone (for example FRITZ!App Fon) to reset the FRITZ!Box's "Info" LED!
Note:If the telephone is connected to a PBX for which automatic outside line access is not enabled, you must first enter the number required to access an outside line (for example "0").
If the event "New answering machine message: LED flashes" was selected:
- Listen to all new messages.
If the event "[...] new fax" was selected:
- Delete all of the faxes (PDF files) from the "FRITZ\faxbox" folder on the USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box or move them to a different folder, for example to a folder on your computer's hard drive.
Important:If you select "New answering machine message, call during absence or new fax - LED flashes", there are several events that cause the LED to flash. In order to stop the flashing, you may have to perform the measures described here for all of the events.