FRITZ!Box 6430 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Connecting FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with the home network via wireless LAN
FRITZ!WLAN Repeater increases the wireless range (WiFi) of your FRITZ!Box easily and efficiently. To do so, use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) to set up the connection between the repeater and FRITZ!Box.
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
1 Loading the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater factory settings
Before you can configure the following settings, you must return the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater to its factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater factory settings.
2 Connecting FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with the home network
- For setup, plug the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater into an outlet near the FRITZ!Box.
- Wait until the "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs on the repeater remain lit.
- Briefly push the "WPS" button on the repeater (for about 1 second). The "WLAN" LED starts to flash after you release the button.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the "WLAN" button on the FRITZ!Box (for about 6 seconds) until the "WLAN" LED flashes.
- One or more LEDs indicating signal strength remain lit on the repeater once configuration is completed.
3 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
To optimally increase the range, the repeater requires a fast and stable wireless connection to the home network:
- Select a location for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater where at least three of its five signal strength LEDs light up.
Note:If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, you can use FRITZ!App WLAN to find the ideal position for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.