FRITZ!Box 6430 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Transferring settings from one FRITZ!Box to another
If you switch to a different FRITZ!Box, you do not have to configure all of your settings again; instead, you can quickly and easily transfer the settings saved with your old FRITZ!Box to the new FRITZ!Box. To import the settings, you simply use the restore functions in the FRITZ!Box user interface. You can choose to either import all or only certain settings into your new FRITZ!Box, for example the wireless settings and telephone books.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!OS version of the old FRITZ!Box may not be newer than the FRITZ!OS version of the new FRITZ!Box.
1 Importing settings
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restore" tab.
- Click "Browse" and select the file "FRITZ.Box[...].export" that contains the FRITZ!Box settings.
- Enter the password you entered when saving the file.
- Enable the option "Manually select the settings to be restored".
ATTENTION!You cannot apply the internet account information and account information for telephony to a different FRITZ!Box.
- Click the "Restore" button and confirm that the procedure may be executed on the FRITZ!Box, if you are asked to do so.
- Enable the settings you would like to restore.
- Click "Apply".
2 Registering DECT devices
After importing the settings, you must then register all of the DECT devices with the FRITZ!Box. Use the FRITZ!Box's button to register them and not the wizard in the FRITZ!Box user interface so that all of the settings remain intact: