FRITZ!Box 3490 Service - Knowledge Base
Since updating FRITZ!OS, "Power" LED flashes
Since updating FRITZ!OS, the FRITZ!Box can no longer establish a DSL connection. The FRITZ!Box's "Power" LED flashes continuously since the update and the following error message is displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box:
"DSL not responding (no DSL synchronization)"
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Restarting the FRITZ!Box
- Unplug the FRITZ!Box for 5 seconds.
Note:The FRITZ!Box settings remain intact. The restart will take about 2 minutes. During this time, you cannot access the FRITZ!Box.
2 Checking the event log of the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Event Log" in the "System" menu.
- Check whether the message "DSL not responding" is displayed constantly or only when the DSL connection drops.
- If the message "DSL not responding" is constantly displayed, proceed with the following section.
- If the error message "DSL not responding" is not constantly displayed, follow the instructions in our guide FRITZ!Box reports that the DSL connection drops frequently.
3 Resetting the interference resistance
Set the control for interference resistance to "Maximum Performance" since otherwise you will not be able to establish a DSL connection with some DSL lines:
Note:The interference resistance should only be changed if your DSL connection is occasionally interrupted, for example due to brief disturbances on the DSL line.
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "DSL Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Line Settings" tab. If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click the "Reset Setting" link.
- Now the interference resistance is automatically set to "Maximum Performance".
4 Using the previous DSL version
The DSL version of the FRITZ!Box undergoes constant development with each FRITZ!OS to ensure that it can establish optimal DSL connections under all circumstances. In individual cases (for example on DSL lines with outdated DSLAMs) the FRITZ!Box may only be able to establish a DSL connection with certain DSL versions. Therefore, enable previous DSL version:
Now the previous DSL version is enabled and the FRITZ!Box is restarted. The restart will take about two minutes.