FRITZ!Box 3390 – Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up LAN guest access in the FRITZ!Box
With the LAN guest access you can offer your guests fast and secure internet access via the FRITZ!Box. For this purpose, the FRITZ!Box sets up a guest network that is completely separate from the home network. Therefore, devices in the guest network cannot access the FRITZ!Box or other devices in the home network.
This way your neighbor can use your internet connection via FRITZ!Powerline but not access your personal data, for example.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The guest network is not available if the FRITZ!Box uses the internet connection of another router (wireless repeater, IP client mode).
- IPTV playback and individual FRITZ!Box functions (such as port sharing, telephony) are not available in the guest network.
- Devices in the guest network are configured to automatically obtain IP settings via DHCP.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring guest access
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Guest access enabled for LAN 4".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.