FRITZ!Box 3390 – Service - Knowledge Base
Telephone does not ring when you receive a call
One or more of the telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box sometimes do not ring or never ring when you receive a call, although you can make calls.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Assigning telephone numbers to a telephone
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective telephone.
- Configure the telephone so that it reacts to incoming calls to the desired number: Enter the number under "Outgoing calls" or under "Incoming calls", or enable the option "React to all numbers".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Having your numbers checked
If the telephone still does not ring when you receive incoming calls to an internet telephone number although the internet connection and internet telephone number are correctly configured, your internet telephony provider is experiencing technical difficulties:
Important:After porting your telephone number (for example after switching to an IP-based line), you can often make calls with the number immediately. However, you cannot receive calls to this number for one or two more days because the telephone number is not completely ported until then.
- Contact your internet telephony provider and have your number checked.