FRITZ!Box 3272 – Service - Knowledge Base
Media files are not displayed
When playback devices or software access the FRITZ!Box Media Server, they do not display media files although they are contained contained on the FRITZ!Box's storage (NAS).
- The FRITZ!Box did not index the files or the FRITZ!Box does not support the file format (for example audio, video, and container format).
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your FRITZ!Box.
2 Updating the file index
The FRITZ!Box only indexes files automatically if they are copied to http://fritz.nas using a web browser. Files copied to a USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box using the Windows Explorer or other applications are not displayed until the FRITZ!Box's file index is updated.
Use the FRITZ!Box user interface or a playback device or software that supports UPnP (for example a smartphone with FRITZ!App Media) to update the file index:
Updating the file index using the FRITZ!Box user interface
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Storage (NAS)" in the "Home Network" menu.
- In the table "Storage on the FRITZ!Box", click on "not created" or "was created" for every storage listed that contains files.
Updating the file index using UPnP
- Call up the FRITZ!Box Media Server on a playback device or software that supports UPnP.
- Click "File Index" and then "Start Indexing".
3 File format is not supported
Media files come in many different file formats (such as audio, video and container format), not all of which are supported by the FRITZ!Box Media Server. In this guide you will find an overview of the file formats supported by the media server.
Playback devices or software display media files if the FRITZ!Box Media Server supports their file format. However, if the FRITZ!Box cannot interpret the TAG information for a particular media file, then it is only displayed in the view "Folder" and "All tracks", "All videos" or "All images" (depending on the file type).
Playback devices or software do not display media files if the FRITZ!Box Media Server does not support their file formats.