FRITZ!Box 3272 – Service - Knowledge Base
Saving and restoring FRITZ!Box settings
The FRITZ!Box settings can be saved to a backup file. This file can then be used to restore all or only selected settings (for example telephone books, Internet account information, and wireless settings) in a FRITZ!Box with the same or later FRITZ!OS.
The FRITZ!Box model determines which settings can be restored:
- You can restore all of the settings to a FRITZ!Box that is the same model and same edition.
- Certain settings can be applied regardless of the FRITZ!Box model.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Starting with FRITZ!OS 6.80, settings can only be restored to a FRITZ!Box with the same or a newer FRITZ!OS version.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Saving settings
2 Restoring settings
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restore" tab.
- Enter the password you entered when saving the file.
- Click "Browse" and select the file "FRITZ.Box[...].export" with the settings you would like to restore.
- If you would only like to restore certain settings, enable the option "Select manually the settings to be restored".
- Click the "Restore" button and confirm that the procedure may be executed on the FRITZ!Box, if you are asked to do so.
- If you would like to restore any settings, enable them and click "Apply".
The settings are now restored. When the procedure is completed, check the IP configuration of your home network devices, settings for MyFRITZ!, port sharing, VPN connections, and change the settings if necessary.