FRITZ!DECT Repeater 100 – Service - Knowledge Base
The temperature displayed by FRITZ!DECT 100 is incorrect
Incorrect temperature values are displayed for FRITZ!DECT and/or several FRITZ!DECT devices display values that differ greatly.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Finding the ideal location for FRITZ!DECT
- Plug FRITZ!DECT into a wall outlet.
- Make sure the ventilation slits are not covered, that the device is not exposed to direct sunlight, and that it is not located directly next to a heater.
- Remove any possible sources of heat in the vicinity of the device (for example other electrical devices that radiate heat).
2 Correcting a temperature offset
If the temperature measured deviates greatly from the temperature that is supposed to be set, you can correct the temperature offset. The temperature to be set could be, for instance, the room temperature measured with a common thermometer at another position in the room.
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- If available, select the option "All smart home devices" in the drop-down list "viewing".
- Click the button (Edit) or the button (General) for the respective device.
- Click "Additional settings".
- Under "Temperature offset", enter the value (in degrees Celsius) by which the measured value is to be corrected, for instance 2.0 or -2.0.
- Under "Temperature offset", set the actual room temperature by clicking the plus or minus.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.